About Bill Lagman
The following is a summary of Bill Lagman current and some of his past developments in Alabama & West Florida.
Mirabella (The Southern Group II and P.K.I, L.L.C.)
Construction was completed in 2003,
51 units (all 4 bed/4 bath gulf front), sold out, prices ranging from $450,000 to $650,000.
The sell out was over 27 million.
Developed by The Southern Group II, which was a joint venture with “The Mitchell Company”.
Mariner Pass (The Southern Group I and Perdido Pass L.L.C.
This is a 59-condo marina development on Cotton Bayou across the street from the entrance to Perdido Pass into the Gulf of Mexico.
This development is completely sold out (27 million)
(This is a joint venture with “The Mitchell Company “)
Club Cabana: (Perdido Key Beach Properties, L.L.C. and P.K.I, L.L.C.)
This project was in Perdido Key, Florida and was built and sold out in 2003 and consisted of twelve 4-bed/4-bath units directly on the Gulf of Mexico.
Perdido Key Realty marketed this development. The units are priced between $1,000,000 and $6,000.000.
In addition to the above active developments, Coastal Real Estate Center, L.L.P., Perdido Key Realty, L.L.C., GCA Realty, and Bill Lagman have successfully developed or sold real estate properties in Alabama and Florida. The developments are: Caribbean in Gulf Shores, Perdido Skye in Perdido Key, Florida, Emerald Skye in Orange Beach, Al, Tropic Isles in Gulf Shores, Bay John Condominiums in BonSecour which was sold out in 2007 and the ‘Villagio Center” a mixed use commercial, retail and residential condominium development in Perdido Key, Florida
Bill Lagman’s Current Responsibilities:
Bill Lagman is broker/owner in Alabama and Florida for Coastal Real Estate Center, L.L.P. and Perdido Key Realty; He has been licensed as a real estate & mortgage broker since 1974 and his past real estate experiences are:
Type of Ventures:
Commercial and Industrial Parks, Business Parks and Subdivisions, Single–Family Residential
Shopping Centers, PUD’s, Warehouses, Rental apartments, Mini Storage and Condominiums
Bill specialized in commercial lending and financed the first two high-rise condominium developments in Destin, Florida in the early 70’s. (Shoreline Towers & Jetty East.)
Bill formed AFC Mortgage Company located in Mobile, Al .in the 1980’s; his brother now owns and operates the company that specializes in financing residential properties. Ed Lagman is the past president of the Alabama Mortgage Brokers Association and teaches several classes in mortgage financing throughout Alabama for mortgage brokers.
Bill’s other financing experience is as follows:
- Obtained FNMA approval on condo projects
- Processed individual FNMA residential and conventional loans for submission to various lenders for funding.
- Obtained forward and bulk commitments for subdivision and condominiums
- Arranged and placed construction and permanent end loan commitments for apartments, condo’s residential mortgages, shopping centers, office buildings, land and development loans and warehouses.
- Sold and financed mortgage paper
- Obtained lease financing for personal property and equipment.
Bill Lagman’s Real Estate Development Work Experience:
Bill is/was owner of several real estate partnerships and corporations formed with various principals. In all such entities he was general partner, president of the corporation, real estate broker, manager or mortgage broker for several multi million projects. His experience is as follows:
1. Purchased or optioned land
2. Syndicated and raised venture capital
3. Handled all legal aspects of ventures including condo-documents and homeowner associations
4. Prepared closing documents and closed all purchase and sales
5. Prepared financial pro formas and profit estimates
6. Designed the sales materials and sales brochures
7. Helped design the sales office and model
8. Handled all accounting and reports to owners and required state and federal reports.
9. Conducted feasibility and market studies
10. Sold out the projects with in house real estate companies and outside brokers
11. Worked with civil and structural engineers, architects, master planners, landscape architects on the design of the structures and site plan
12. Obtained zoning and building permits for State of Alabama, Florida, and local municipalities
13. Obtained bids from subs and general contractor and prepared estimates.
14. Awarded construction contracts.
15. Prepared draws for contractor and banks
16. Oversaw construction with a professional owners representative
17. Managed office buildings, condos, (daily and weekly rentals), condominium associations, rental houses, shopping centers and placement of insurance coverage for owners and associations
Present and Past Professional and Personal Memberships:
National Association of Security Dealers, licensed with Securities & Exchange Commission
Licensed as Real Estate Broker in Alabama & Florida
Alabama Mortgage Broker
Licensed as property casualty & life insurance agent in Alabama
Sertoma International, Lyons Clubs & Optimist Clubs of America (Treasurer)
Baldwin County, Pensacola & Mobile Board of Realtors
Perdido Key, Destin, Mobile & Pensacola Chamber of Commerce
Springhill College Alumni (61)
Mobile Junior Chamber of Commerce
USAF Security Service
Knights of Columbus